Monday 23 March 2020

My Father - The Educator



MY FATHER - THE EDUCATOR.
When I was a child, my father would rock me on his knee
And tell me I was pretty and how much he loved me.
I remember what he said when I was just a few months old.
It’s embedded in my memory, everything I was told.
******************************
He told me when I started school I should study hard,
And that I should keep away from all things bad.
I looked forward to his chats when he came home daily.
I guess you know by now I loved my father very dearly.
***************************************
His talks with me were meaningful and educational.
He was an outstanding and devoted school principal.
I know he was God-fearing as he prayed with us each night.
Always teaching his children to do what is right.
************************************
No wonder the Trinidad Government saw it fit,
To send him to the United Kingdom on a Government scholarship,
To pursue studies at the London University Institute of Education.
He graduated with a 580-page thesis, and was given a big promotion.
***********************************************
As District inspector of Schools his performance was outstanding.
Nothing for him in those primitive days were too demanding.
He attained a Doctorate in Education from a Florida University.
He was courageous and brave, not fearing adversity.
**************************************
All his ten children excelled in various professions.
He was a father with an outstanding reputation.
I was the eighth child in that big loving family.
When I was in banking I compiled his memoirs faithfully.
*******************************************
A few years later I published the book on Amazon.
It gained many five-star reviews and is in demand.
There are lessons to learn by reading this book.
It’s about the life of a man whom we should not overlook.
Copyright@BrendaMohammed

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BACKSTORY FOR ZEEKA CHRONICLES

EXTRACT FROM ZEEKA RETURNS: REVENGE OF ZEEKA

  EXTRACT FROM ZEEKA RETURNS: REVENGE OF ZEEKA: FIVE BOOK SERIES In the third episode of the futuristic thriller Zeeka Chronicles: Revenge o...